Sunday, September 21, 2014

Prayer for the Open Door





"Jesus answered, 'If a person really loves Me, he will keep My word, obey My teaching; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our homeabode, special dwelling placewith him.'"—John 14:23 Amplified

Lord, this has got to be one of Your best, most jaw-dropping promises ever.
I mean, conditional promises.
Not really sure what this would all look like,
All I know is something burns inside when I read this
And I want in.
For starters, help me to begin each day by wanting what You want
To be honest, it's not usually the first thing that comes to mind
Oh, You knew that?  
And then help me remember that though I may have a lot on my plate
And wind up accomplishing much of it (thanks to You),
The only stuff that really needs to get done on any given day
Is living out what You say.
So maybe the heart-burn is this:
Realizing that there's no better, more joy-filled, more satisfying sound in this life
Than the sound of Your heart-knock...
And then to be able to say
"Come on in, the door is open."









No comments:

Post a Comment