Sunday, June 18, 2023

Timeless Wisdom

My dad, mom and me at a cookout at my grandparents’ house many moons ago.

Hardly a day goes by when I don’t miss my dad, especially his wisdom. And I can’t think of him without also remembering his work ethic even when he didn’t feel like it, and his undying passion for family, community and serving others. While listening to the birds sing through the rain this morning, I realized that not only was today Father’s Day, but it’s also June 18 and nearing the halfway point of 2023 already. Good grief time flies!

A couple of timely quotes that dad lived and that I’ll try to hold onto, too…

From the apostle Paul:


“Live life, then, with a due sense of responsibility, not as men who do not know the meaning and purpose of life but as those who do. Make the best use of your time, despite all the difficulties of these days.” (Ephesians 5:16)


And from the late pastor and author Leonard Ravenhill:


"Though you cannot be the salt of the whole earth nor the light of the whole world, you may season your community and lighten your neighborhood.”


So be it, dad, ’til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment